Here are some suggested strategies for approaching this task:1.
In choosing a country that begins with the same letter of your first or last name (or an adjacent letter), pick a country that interests you and for which there is a good selection of online English language information sources. (If you speak a second language, you are welcome to draw on this skill, although your summary must be written in English.)2
. Research the K-12 educational system for the country you have chosen, focusing on either elementary or secondary education (or both).3
. Write a draft of your summary. Read the draft to yourself (out loud can be very helpful) to ensure that it is well organized and reads well. For example:
- Begin the summary with an introductory paragraph which provides a general overview of the country's educational system (i.e., elementary, secondary, or both).
- Divide the summary into paragraphs. Normally, a single paragraph expresses a single idea.
- Optionally use headings should you wish.
- For this summary, there is no need to provide a concluding paragraph.
- Spell check your summary. (Although you won't be submitting a written copy of your summary, this is always good advice.)
. Consider having a friend read your summary to provide feedback.